Year 1 and 2 Phonics Screening
The Government has announced that The 2020 Phonics Test which should have been taken in the Summer term by children who are now in Year 2 will take place in November.
Current Year 1 children will also be taking the test in the Summer Term. Its is a light touch test which involves the children sounding out and reading some real words and some "alien" words. Below are some links to help you practise using sounds and reading with your child.
Below are some videos and websites which have games and activities to help your child with their phonics;
- Letter and Sounds for Home and SchoolsA brilliant Youtube Channel which has different Phonics videos showing you different sounds and how to blend and segment! A wonderful resource for both children and parents!
- The Collin's Website This website has a wide range of print and digital resources for primary and early years. Collins has a rich heritage of supporting schools through high-quality resources for English, maths, science and more. The exciting and flexible programmes cover the current National Curriculum and offer an enhanced learning experience for all pupils.
- Phonics Games This site has plenty of free phonics games. Your child will have lots of fun while developing their phonic knowledge and skills.
- Active Learn Read books and practice all of your Phonic Sounds with this amazing resource! It is a tool for reading and the children have been allocated stage appropriate books that they can read online and then answer questions.
- ICT GAMES A range of English, Phonics and Maths games to test your knowledge
- Phonics Play A range of activities, resources and games to support children in Phase 2-t Phonic Sounds
- Phonics Bloom A range of activities, resources and games to support children in Phase 2-t Phonic Sounds
- Top Marks Phonics A range of games and activities to support chidrens Reading and Phonics
- Education Games Lots of Free Home Learning Resources for Phonics during School Closures
- Monster Phonics Here are lots of great free phonics worksheets and activities.
- ICT GAMES Here you'll find free educational games aimed at children between 5 and 8 years old. The games are linked to the UK KS 1 curriculum.
- Read Theory An excellent online comprehension tool which provides the children with level appropriate comprehensions where I can monitor their progress and usage. PLEASE NOTE: this is a free resource so there may be some small pop up adverts at the bottom of the web-page which will be directly linked to searches that have previously been conducted on that computer.